Monday, December 17, 2007

Do Some Good Today (And Every Day)

I've just started chemotherapy today (one day down, two to go--three days in a row, every two weeks for the next six months). So far it's not so bad, though it already burns my throat to drink anything cold. Once again, I appreciate all the supprt and good wishes readers of this blog have sent my way. It helps give me strength in this difficult time.

Speaking of giving, since this is the time of year of giving (as if there should be only one), I'd like again to post this list of web sites on which one can make free donations simply by clicking. It only takes a couple of minutes to do them all.

Ecology Fund

These six sites are all linked to one another:

The Hunger Site
The Breast Cancer Site
The Child Health Site
The Literacy Site
The Rainforest Site
The Animal Rescue Site
(this site features rescue stories with photographs of cute animals)

Please try to visit all these sites on a daily basis (one click per computer is counted each day). It's a quick and easy way to make the world just a tiny bit better. Which is better than making it worse, which so many with power I seem to want to do these days.

6 comments:

Mark Granier said...

I am glad that the treatment is underway Reginald. Here's to seeing a full recovery in the very near future. And thanks for the clickable sites (technology, eh?). I'll be thinking of you, over Christmas and into the new year. Stay strong.

Mark

Peter said...

Best wishes.
Hope all goes well.
xo
Peter

Unknown said...

Sickness is a trial. The unforseen burden. It asks so much more of us than we ever thought could be asked. Hard stuff. Hard. Healing to you Mr. Shepherd. And many thanks for the keeness of mind which is present everywhere on this blog.

ted

Kristin LaTour said...

Reginald,

All the best in your healing treatment. Rest and eat well, be strong. I was just reading A.E. Stallings "Arachne Gives Thanks to Athena" and thought of you.

Kristin

Alice C. Linsley said...

Illness...a contingency of the world we neither made nor control. It is a mystery why we should suffer. I watched my father's slow demise and hated God for taking such a wonderful man. A real test of my faith in a good God.

May this day be blessed for you, Reginald.

Brian Campbell said...

The "good God" concept (external, all powerful, etc.) is inherently confusing, and there are compelling reasons to call it a scourge on all humanity. But I believe there is within us all an enduring force for good, wisdom, clarity and yes, love, that we can tap into through acts of meditation, art, compassion. Such as clicking on the links above. Best wishes, Reginald. You're a force for the better!